We write to you today with important updates on MaineShare and the amazing work MaineShare Member Groups are doing in your communities to blunt the impacts of this terrible pandemic.
Let me introduce myself. My name is Brenda Peluso and in early April, I contracted with the board to serve as the Interim Director and to advise on the best path forward for MaineShare. I have enjoyed getting up to speed on all that is MaineShare and I have been impressed with all the work and soul-searching MaineShare and its Member Groups have been doing over the past year or so. I look forward to moving this work forward with the help and support of all of you.
MaineShare was founded 30 years ago to fund progressive groups seeking to support organizations doing progressive social justice and root cause work in Maine. Covid-19 has challenged us all and laid bare the systemic injustices in our state and country. Amid these great challenges, we believe there is great opportunity to elevate these injustices and make positive social and economic systems change. MaineShare is committed to finding the best way to support our Member Groups in doing just that.
Thank you for all you do for Maine and all your support for us and our Member Groups. We promise to honor your commitment and look forward to deeper connection in the coming weeks and months.
Please stay connected, stay safe, and we wish you peace and community through all of this.
Interim Executive Director
Read our April Newsletter for these highlights of MaineShare Member Group Impact:
Addressing Systemic Inequities and Meeting Basic Needs
- Maine Access Immigrant Network: Ensuring Access to COVID-19 Resources In Native Languages
- MOFGA: Supporting Farmers and Home Gardeners
- Maine Labor Group on Health: Protecting Workers’ Health & Safety
- MANO EN MANO: “Estamos Aqui Fund” Increasing Equity for Immigrant & Migrant Workers
- Maine Initiatives Provides Immediate Help to Grassroots Organizations
Resources for Improving Wellbeing:
- Environmental Health Strategies Center: Staying Healthy While Staying Safe
- Maine Council of Churches: Supporting Faith-Based Connection & Service During Covid-19
- Maine Audubon: Finding Peace in Nature,
- Bicycle Coalition of Maine: Where to Bike in Maine this Spring
- Equality Maine: “Zoomin’ with EQME